Food preparation hygiene
- Wear clean clothes and maintain a high standard of personal cleanliness.
- Wash your hands using correct handwashing procedures before preparing and serving food and as necessary to keep your hands free of dirt, germs, and body fluids.
- Also keep your hands clean while handling food-contact surfaces, dishes, and utensils.
- Do not prepare or serve food while ill with a communicable disease or with uncovered hand or skin lesions. If you have skin lesions on your hands, you should wear gloves while involved with food.
- Keep your hair covered with a hairnet or cap while preparing food.
- Wash your hands every time you touch your face, nose, or mouth.
- Wash your hands every time you cough or sneeze.