Storage of non-food supplies
Cleaning supplies, pesticides, and other dangerous things should be stored carefully:
- Store all cleaning supplies and other poisonous materials in locked compartments or in compartments well above the reach of children and separate from food, dishes, and utensils.
- Store poisonous and toxic materials (other than those needed for kitchen sanitation) in locked compartments outside the kitchen area.
- Store insect and rodent poisons in locked compartments in an area apart from cleaning materials to avoid contamination or mistaken usage.
- Make sure any bait put into food storage areas is boxed, labeled, and separated to prevent it from coming into contact with food supplies.
- Keep all poisonous materials in their original containers and use them only according to the manufacturer’s instructions.